Something For The Haves.
Masterfully compiled by [Cityfile]
Alec Baldwin has put his longtime co-op in the Eldorado on Central Park West on the market for $8.9 million. He’s reportedly thinking about trading it in for a four-bedroom apartment at the Dakota, which has been reduced from $24 million to $12.5 million over the past year. [NYP]
• Former GE CEO Jack Welch is in contract to buy a three-bedroom pad at One Beacon Court that’s next door to the condo he already owns. The 2,669-square-foot space was most recently listed for $8.995 million. Listed by-Brown Harris Stevens]
• New York Times columnist Paul Krugman and his wife, Robin Wells, have paid $1.7 million for former Times reporter Joseph B. Treaster’s three-bedroom co-op at 110 Riverside Drive. Meanwhile, the couple is currently in contract to sell their former apartment, a one-bedroom at 304 West 89th Street that was most recently listed for $599,000. Listed by Corcoran]
• Fashion heir Antonio Versace has paid “a little less” than $2.7 million for a two-bedroom condo at 44 Mercer Street.
• Dr. Richard Kaul has dropped the price of his townhouse at 69 West 83rd Street, which he bought for $3.6 million in 2005 and put on the market for $14 million last month. The manse is now listed for $10 million. [Cityfile, PDE]
• Real estate investor Michael Hirtenstein is reportedly paying $16.5 million for five units on three floors of the Enrique Norten-designed One York. [NYP]